1) Washing Utensils Even if the weather’s scorching hot in Hong Kong, Chinese restaurants still serve you extremely HOT water instead of iced/tap water. Duhh, because we use hot water to wash the plates, chopsticks, bowls and everything on the table. we. are. germaphobes.
2) Asians Taking Photos of Food We all know that 1 particular person who really doesn’t enjoy the food itself, she just wants the picture on her Instagram so that she can let her followers know how much of a #foodie she is. #dislike #hkiger
3) Extremely Picky We are honestly the most scrupulous people in the entire world. On top of what we order, we always ask for less sugar/less ice/stronger tea/more rice/less fat/more soup/bigger portion……oh! and the classic fillet-o-fish without the fillet…are you kidding me!?!?!
5) Adventurous with Food NO-ONE can claim themselves as more of a risk-taker than us. We take great pride in the variety of food we have, including: the pork blood cubes, chicken feet, pig intestines, stinky tofu, squid tentacles…
6) Afternoon Tea Afternoon tea at 3:15pm is a must! The colonial tradition inherited from the British afternoon tea still remains. However, we don’t really sip on tea with our pinkies popped out….too classy for us.
7) Never tip! Asians are good at math? Hell yes! We like to be exact with the exact amount of money we pay and spend. So forget about tips because you ain’t gettin’ any!