Dating (well..hook up) app, Tinder, has made finding “true love” or meeting hotties as easy as just swiping left and right on your phone. For those who just might get Tinder today to settle single Valentine’s Day blues, we’ve compiled a list of fun facts you might not have known about the hottest app out there.
1. Tinder founder Sean Rad is USC (University of Southern California) alum (HELL YEH! FIGHT ON!) and is only 27 years old.
He’s recently been stripped of his CEO title though, due to claims that he harassed an employee sexually (why are we not surprised?).
2. You might get the chance to date Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Lily Allen, Lindsay Lohan (+ her brother Michael) and more Tinder-using celebs!
The Mirror / www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ed-sheeran-katy-perry-lindsay-3477187
3. Shrek is on Tinder too, but don’t tell Fiona!
4. Tinder helped increase pancake sales?
The Chive/ www.thechive.com/2014/11/19/study-reveals-surprising-statistics-behind-tinder-hookups-10-photos/
Yes it’s true! Dubbed the “IHOP effect“, late night IHOP (U.S. pancake fast-food chain) revenues increased 8% last year, speculated to be due to more awkward late night Tinder dates.
5. Men are more likely to get “right swipes” if they have a beard.
Not sure about girls though…
6. Apple’s App Store used to rate Tinder as being for ages 12+ and only recently raised restrictions to 17+.
CyberSafetyLady / www.thecybersafetylady.com.au/2014/06/dating-app-tinder-changes-age-restriction-17/
You really don’t want your kids to realize how adults are actually just big kids. There is no such thing as growing up.
7. China already had it’s own version of Tinder back in 2011.
Chinese companies have not been known to be the most original, and rip-offs of Western brands are not uncommon. When it comes to hook up apps though, China launched Momo, better known as the 約炮神器 (magical tool for getting laid), back in 2011, one year before Tinder was developed! Momo recently filed for an $300 million IPO and became the second China-based social network to IPO in the U.S. this year.