For as long as bodybuilding has existed, so have deadlifts. And for as long have deadlifts have existed, there have been arguments regarding the MOST BASIC of concepts behind this exercise:
DO DEADLIFTS DO MORE HARM THAN ACTUAL GOOD?
Deadlifts have been considered as the King of bodybuilding for various reasons:
- It’s one of the few exercises that works out the whole body.
- Builds insane gripping strength.
- Great core stabilizer.
Best of all, it requires minimal equipment and can be performed anywhere with a bit of open space!
Since deadlifts involve lifting a heavy weight straight up from the ground though, using an incorrect form can cause severe injuries. The main causes of injuries being:
- Having a rounded lower back.
- Lifting the weight using your back instead of pushing up with your legs.
- Lowering the weight using the knees instead of moving your hips back.
Needless to say, in order to avoid these injuries and become better at deadlifts, the best solution is to KEEP PRACTICING. Starting off with minimal weights and exercising proper form can slowly strengthen your lower back and condition you for lifting heavier.
If you feel like you’re making any of the mistakes mentioned before, follow the guide at How To Deadlift! to correct your form and conquer the best bodybuilding exercise!